CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Deadline is March 14, 2019
Any questions, please email Naomi Spinak at email@example.com
- All ages welcome! If you are under 18, you must get a parent’s permission (fill out 2019 permission form and submit with entry). Please include your name, title of your submission, your age, email, and phone number
- All entries must be complete outfits: if your model can wear what you made without any store-bought clothing (other than shoes and undergarments) you are good.
- Must submit photos of outfit or detailed sketches, to be juried, along with a list of raw materials that have been or will be used.
- You may choose 1 category for each design to be submitted to (either Trashion Couture or Upcycled Ready-to-Wear Fashion or Business Waste Challenge – see descriptions below).
- All designers, if chosen, must provide their own models (diverse models encouraged- all ages, gender, and ethnicity)
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Submission” in the subject line. Please make images no smaller than 600 pixels.
- Deadline to enter is March 14, 2019. We will not accept any entries after this day.
- Outfits accepted will be notified by March 20, 2019.
TRASHION COUTURE: Outfits submitted to this category are required to be made out of non-perishable trash or recycled materials (such as plastics, cardboard, paper, bottle caps, etc). They can be sewed, taped, glued, woven, or stapled. Newer notions will be allowed for closures (ie: zippers, buttons, etc). We are looking for quality craftsmanship and outfits that are safe and functional for the model to wear.
UPCYCLED READY-TO-WEAR FASHION: Outfits submitted to this category should be made from used textiles or used clothing. If using articles of clothing, they must be altered significantly from what they started out as. Newer notions will be allowed for closures (ie: zippers, buttons, etc).
BUSINESS WASTE CHALLENGE: Outfits submitted to this category should be made from waste produced by selected local business partner. To be paired with a local business, contact email@example.com
All outfits will be judged on a 1-5 scale (1 being low and 5 being high) in these four categories:
- After you receive an email from us, please print out and return a Release Form signed by you and your model to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each designer must submit a photo of the raw materials used (this will be used for a slideshow during the runway portion of the show) to allow the audience to see what you began with. Photos must be at least 2000 px, 300DPI
- A descriptive paragraph must be submitted that will be read by the emcee of the event (and for the program) for each outfit accepted.