2020 CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Deadline for sketch is Jan 19, 2020
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL NAOMI SPINAK AT BITRASHIONSHOW@GMAIL.COM
- All ages welcome! If you are under 18, you must get a parent’s permission (fill out permission form and submit with entry). Please include your name, title of your submission, your age, email, and phone number
- All entries must be complete outfits: if your model can wear what you made without any store-bought clothing (other than shoes and undergarments) you are good.
- Must submit detailed sketches, to be juried, along with a list of raw materials that will be used.
- You may submit up to three designs total. The categories are Business Challenge Couture, Upcycled Ready-to-Wear Fashion and Mystery Box Challenge – see descriptions below.
- All designers, if chosen, must provide their own models. Diverse models encouraged – all ages, gender, and ethnicity.
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Submission” in the subject line. Please make images no smaller than 600 pixels.
- Deadline to enter is January 19, 2020. We will not accept any entries after this day.
- Outfits accepted will be notified by January 25, 2020.
BUSINESS WASTE COUTURE: Outfits submitted to this category should be made from waste produced by a local business. You can find your own local business partner or request to be paired with a local business. To be paired, contact email@example.com .
UPCYCLED READY-TO-WEAR FASHION: Outfits submitted to this category should be made from used textiles or used clothing. If using articles of clothing, they must be altered significantly from what they started out as. Newer notions will be allowed for closures (e.g., zippers, buttons, etc).
NEW: MYSTERY BOX CHALLENGE: Declare your intent to undertake this challenge before January 19. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your intent. Boxes will be available for pickup at Esther’s Fabrics on Bainbridge Island starting January 19th. Twelve boxes total will be available. First twelve emailed declarations get a box.
This category is full. You may ask to be on the waiting list, but enter by January 19 in another category if you want to be considered as an entrant in the show.
You must use all of the elements in the box to create a wearable outfit. You may add embellishments, but they must be previously used items (e.g., corks, bread tabs, etc.). For more info, contact Naomi at email@example.com .
April 1 – Description due for your outfit that will be read during the show. Email it to Naomi at firstname.lastname@example.org .
April 23 – Mandatory dress rehearsal in the evening at IslandWood.
All outfits will be judged on a 1-5 scale (1 being low and 5 being high) in these four categories:
- After you receive an email from us, please print out and return a Release Form signed by you and your model to email@example.com
- Each designer must submit a photo of the raw materials used (this will be used for a slideshow during the runway portion of the show) to allow the audience to see what you began with. Photos must be at least 2000 px, 300DPI
- A descriptive paragraph must be submitted that will be read by the emcee of the event (and for the program) for each outfit accepted.